Beautiful Work Space Ideas
Today I wanted to share some beautiful work space ideas with you. Planning (or improving) your office can sometimes be challenging. Not only does the space need to be practical and functional, but it can be hard to know what to do when you see your office everyday and it becomes too familiar. Sometimes, it’s good to take a step back and reevaluate everything with fresh eyes and some new ideas.
A Few Practical Things to Consider:
- Where is the lighting in the room? Can you re-position yourself in a way that makes better use of the light? Consider natural lighting too.
- How messy or tidy is your office? If clutter is a problem can you come up with a way to organise things better? Think about the items directly on top of your desk but also general filing as well.
- How does your office flow? Is it easy to access everything you need on a regular basis throughout the day? Can people move easily and comfortably in your space?
- Try get into good habits and clean your desk at the end of every day. Put things away as you use them and try not to let paperwork build up.
- How do you feel when you are in your office? It there a good atmosphere that encourages you to be efficient and motivated?
A Few Visual Tips:
- Start with your end goal in mind – Do you want the space to look sophisticated and professional, or relaxed and informal?
- If your space feels a bit clinical, consider adding plants or pops of colour or images that inspire you. Bring a bit of your personality through the door!
- If your space feels too busy and cluttered, consider getting some storage items all in the same colour. White and black usually result in a uniform and clean look. You can apply this to folders, stationery, storage boxes, paper trays and even furniture.
- If you find it hard to get motivated, try putting a quite or photo up that will remind you and keep you passionate about what you do.
- Is there a visual focus to the room? Clutter is distracting but having a main feature or visual focus to the room will help it (and you) to feel more centred. An artwork, large pendant light, or some nice chairs can work as a good focal point.
Work Space Ideas
Feel free to check out our Pinterest Board for Work Space Ideas here.
In the meanwhile, here are a few ideas for you to see!
An inviting look with a brick wall, storage baskets and white shelving – found on The Every Girl
Clutter can be put away in white storage boxes to result in a clean look – found from the Ikea catalogue
Inspiration Pinboard – Found on Desire to Inspire
Relaxed, natural and informal – Found on The Blog Deco
Relaxed Co-Working Space – Found on the Design Files
Clean and Simple Work Space – Found on Coco Lapine Design
Bright and Colourful Studio Space – Found on Adventures in Making