8 Great Wedding Budget Tips
I recently wrote a post about why wedding invitations cost as much as they do and I still get a lot of questions from brides who can’t work out how much of their wedding budget they should allocate to this important part of their planning.
Your budget is completely up to you, but I thought it would be helpful to discuss some basic tips about wedding budgets.
- First things first – start at the beginning. This may seem obvious, but it’s important to choose a date for your wedding and then you can base your time frame around this.
- Research your costs – write down a comprehensive list of all your planned expenses from venue hire to your dress, and everything in between, as it will help you with your important wedding budget.
- Add up your costs and you’ll have a rough idea of the expenses involved as well as your time frame for having everything done. At this point you can also start adjusting some of your expenses to fit in with your budget.
- If you feel under pressure financially you could consider having a longer engagement and give yourselves longer to save up, or maybe reduce other wedding budget costs.
- Try to keep things simple and stay organised. When you make a decision, stick to it, as this lets you lock important steps into place and then move on to the next task.
- Keep a wedding folder or diary to keep track of everything – not only is this fun but it will give you a running total of your expenses as you go and will alert you if you are about to blow your wedding budget.
- Make sure you allow for the unexpected! Sometimes unforeseen or unexpected costs come up which you haven’t planned for. It’s important to allow for delays and wedding budget changes by giving yourself a bit of a margin.
- Enjoy your planning – it’s one of the bonuses of getting married and can be enjoyable and exciting, as long as you don’t get your wedding budget run away with you.
And because we can’t resist sharing our stunning and unique range of wedding stationery with you, why not pop along to our website and wedding stationery portfolio https://sailandswan.com/portfolio/weddings/ where we have invitations, save the date cards, custom wedding chalkboards as well as beautiful and unique cake toppers – it will help with your wedding budget planning, we promise!